Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Empower yourself with knowledge!

Now that I've been dealing with cutting off 2 inches of my hair I'm realizing it's just hair. The more I maintain a consistent and healthy hair care regimen, my hair will grow in no time. What have I been up to lately? Well, I picked up a couple of books regarding hair "of course" to increase my knowledge about hair care.

So far book one is AMAZING!!!! The author is Lisa Akbari. She's super knowledgeable and influential to care for your hair and encourage you to stick with the plan.  I tell you, I'm learning so much about myself and other issues I've heard people are experiencing, especially, dry scalp, dandruff, hair loss, hair growth pace etc.

I suggest anyone who's on a healthy hair journey, not to lean to your own understanding, but seek knowledge from people who have been there and done that. Dr. Akbari is actually a certified cosmetology and has tested many things to prove her study. I picked this book up from my local library. I had no specific author I was looking for, I just happen to come across "The Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful Hair". I'm not quite finished but will definitely keep you posted on more reviews. Looking forward to the second book.

Below are the pics before and after the trim....



No comments:

Post a Comment