New year and new me. It's kind of hard to start something new, especially when you are aware of the emotionally and physical phases you will go through. Nevertheless, making the decision to go natural has been one of the most rewarding and empowering journeys I've ever done. I can say I'm part of the "Natural Hair Community". In this video I speak on this new experience and what's to come.
Monday, January 18, 2016
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Here are six basic steps to start a healthy hair journey.
1. Get a professional consultation to determine if your hair is damaged. If so, rectify the problem by going through a treatment. I.e. Trimmed ends, protein treatment etc. (Professional consultations are usually free).
2. Invest in products I.e. Shampoo (sulfate free), conditioner, moisturizers, oils etc.
3. Build a simple hair care regimen that's specific to your need. Wash weekly. If you're lacking moisture it may be necessary to do a deep conditioning treatment once a week, moisturize and seal your ends nightly etc. Maintain healthy ends by getting your ends trimmed/dusted when needed). Usually once your hair is on the road of recovery those things you wouldn't need to do as often. Your hair will let you know :-).
4. Low manipulating hairstyles.Tips: Rollersets, buns, cornrows etc.
5. Eat healthy! Eat lots of veggies, fruits, and nuts. It's ok to use a hair vitamin supplement to give you a boost, but it is not necessary.
6. Have patience. Healthy hair doesn't happen over night. You will have to be consistent and patient.
Hope this information help. Check out my YouTube channel and follow me on IG @7lovefaith
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
This is an easy way to straighten your hair without using heating tools, such as flat irons, and curling wands. I will demonstrate how to do a rollerset and the silk wrap method. All you need is a few tools, products, and importantly patience; if it is your first time doing a rollerset.
Products used: Organix Argan Oil (sulfate free) shampoo and conditioner, Aphogee Leave In conditioner, Proclaim Setting Lotion, IC Argan Oil Serum, and African Best Tea Tree Mist.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Sometimes can you become tired of rocking a flat-wrap and want to change it up a little. I invested in Cold Wave rollers to give me a more body and wavy look for the week. Watch this tutorial to see the results. I explain what tools are used. Good luck beauties xo.