Here are 6 basic steps to start a healthy hair journey.
1. Get a professional consultation to determine how damage your hair may be. If your hair is dmaged, rectify the problem by getting a hair treatment. I.e. Trimmed ends, protein treatment etc. (Professional consultations are usually free).
2. Invest in products I.e. Shampoo (sulfate free), conditioner, moisturizers, oils etc.
3. Build a simple hair care regimen that's specific to your need. Wash weekly. If you're lacking moisture it may be necessary to do a deep conditioning treatment once a week, moisturize and seal your ends nightly etc. Maintain healthy ends by getting your ends trimmed/dusted when needed). Usually once your hair is on the road of recovery those things you wouldn't need to do as often. Your hair will let you know :-).
4. Low manipulating hairstyles.Tips: Rollersets, buns, cornrows etc.
5. Eat healthy! Eat lots of veggies, fruits, and nuts. It's ok to use a hair vitamin supplement to give you a boost, but it is not necessary.
6. Have patience. Healthy hair doesn't happen over night. You will have to be consistent and patient.
Hope this information help. Check out my YouTube channel and follow me on IG @7lovefaith